Artifish is a student company at NTNU Aalesund, which is dedicated to improving the aquaculture industry. The company's solution is based on training of cleaner fish, using its own-designed training system EDDI (Educational Digital Intelligence).
Since the early 2000s, the aquaculture industry has fought a fierce battle against the parasite Lepeophtheirus salmonis, better known as the "salmon lice". The industry today spends more than 1 billion euros on preventive treatments against salmon lice. This is a major burden for the companies within fish farming, and prevents more growth in the aquaculture industry. Today's methods are by no means a solution to the problem, and often these methods create new and more problems than they actually solve. Artifish, on the other hand, has a solution that is both profitable, smart and sustainable.
Artifish has a clear goal of solving the lice problem once and for all
The achievements of the company:
- 1. Place "Norways Best Student Company" (Norwegian Championship - Student Companies, 2019)
- 1. Place "Best Innovative Company" (Norwegian Championship - Student Companies, 2019)
- 1. Place "Best Human Recourses" (Norwegian Championship - Student Companies, 2019)
- 1. Place "Best student company" (County Fair, Young Entrepreneurship, Møre og Romsdal)
- 1. Place "Biggest International Potential" (County Fair, Young Entrepreneurship, Møre og Romsdal)
- Quarterfinal (NæringsTeft 2019, Sparebanken Møre)
- Semifinals (Innovation Challange 2018, Aftenposten og Telenor)
- 2. Place "Pitch to jury"(2 Minutes 2 Convince 2018, NTNU)
Artifish has 3 main values; animal welfare, development and reliability.